This painting was started in early 2012, and it was in an April blog. I had given it a dark green background and it didn’t work, which made me sad as I loved the grevillea flower, it is one of my favourites. So I put it away to wait for inspiration. It was a long time coming, but it finally arrived.
After cutting out the paisleys and raising them up slightly off the painting, I though that the effect would work for this one. I loved the 3D effect of cutting out the image and floating it above the page. The shadows thrown by the image are fabulous, or at least I think so.
So nothing daunted I got out the knife and starting cutting into the picture. I can’t tell you how happy I was to see the ugly backgound drop away the the flower to reappear again in all its glory.
This time I has wised up and used these great little foam, double sided glue dots, which were so much easier to use.
Happy with the result and so glad to have found a resolution to one of the problems in my portfolio.